View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 03:42 PM
whinecellar
Lurker

whinecellar is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mac users: success with Missing Sync or Syncmate?

Howdy,

I've tried both Missing Sync and Syncmate, and for the life of me I can't get either one to see my Touch Pro. I'm an advanced Mac user and I've followed both apps' instructions to a 't' - but I'm just not getting anywhere. Anything I should be looking for on the Touch Pro itself? I'm running stock - no 3rd party stuff yet...

In the Missing Sync troubleshooting guide they talk about using a program called USB switch to change "from RNDIS To SERIAL" but there's no such program on the TP that I can find (I may be an advanced Mac user but I'm new to WinMo... go easy on me!) Any idea how to check for that setting on the TP?

I find it interesting that Missing Sync says to uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality" in USB to PC settings, while Syncmate says it should be checked. I tried it both ways with each app and it made no difference.

Also, my Mac definitely sees the phone when it's connected, but the two apps won't. I also tried a fresh installation on a whole different Mac - same result. That leads me to believe there's something not set right on the Touch Pro...

Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Thanks...