View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:33 AM
gator2k83
Regular 'Geeker

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83
Re: No Custom Ringtones

The easiest way to fix that is to convert them to .wav format not the smallest size format around but it is clean and always works for me when my mogul decided to stop playing mp4 and mp3 tones. A good setting is mono 16bit 3200hz about 1mb per 30 sec ringtone but it is less stress on the hardware when all that flashy phone call icons / programs load up to display the caller. Size does not matter to me as i have mine on a 4gb sdhc (I need to get bigger one for more gps maps and mp3 files along with my growing mobile video collection.) As for folder mine are in \storage card\my documents\my ringtones\ always works stock rom or custom rom. Just my 2cents.

Its always easier for to fix the file rather then trying to diagnose/flash diff roms to get it to work. .wav has always worked for my windows mobile phones as i think the codec is built into windows mobile.