View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to add a WM connection for roaming on Verizon

I cannot verify if this works on not, but it sounds legit. Not exactly an optimal solution as you need to manually switch to it, though I imagine some brainy person here could write a MortScript to do the job in a single button? (G-funk?, ahem).

Update:
I don't think a Mortscript is necessary as there is an "Auto" function to automatically choose the best available connection, so it shouldn't matter in practice.

Credit goes to HoFo and jivesoul for posting the info at SU.

Please post your results/experiences!

Code:
Hey guys. I recently bought a 700wx and noticed that when I was roaming on Verizon's network the Power Vision connection would not work. After much searching of the internet, these forums, and HoFo, I found the following to work and thought I would post it here for future reference:

1. Start -> Settings -> Connections. Add a new modem connection.
2. Name it what you like-- "Verizon Roaming". Under select a modem, leave "Cellular Line". Click next.
3. On the next screen, enter "#777".
4. For the username, enter <MDN>@vzw3g.com where <MDN> is your phone number
5. For the password, enter 'verizon' (no quotes).
6. Click finish.

Now, when you're roaming on VZW, just use this connection and you'll be able to use their 1x data.

A lot of people may wonder how I know that I'm roaming on VZW-- in my case it's when I'm in the DC subway, where they have a monopoly.

Disclaimer: I've used this without roaming charges, but that doesn't mean you won't be. (I have the SERO 500 plan).