View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
shadow-tech
Regular 'Geeker

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by strra View Post
I tried this on an HTC Touch, assuming that it might work the same... the GPS connects rather quickly now, but the phone will randomly restart if the GPS has been on too long. any idea about this?
its the software your running. are u using a turn-by-turn gps application? if u are, then u are running out of free RAM. The device is reseting because it cannot run the OS when the RAM gets too low. the devices only have about 15-25 MB ram after boot, and that is not enough for some of he more demanding applications. see if there is a cache setting for your software and see if it can be adjusted. it maybe in the registry. i can not help you with your RAM issue. but let me know if you do not think this to be the case.