Old 11-10-2008, 11:57 AM
cpm199
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cpm199 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch screen dark area?

yeah, I'm on my 3rd Touch now. The first had spots on the lower left, and one on the upper center area of the screen. The second had one spot on the upper area of the screen just right of center. I keep my phone in my pocket by itself and feel the phone should be able to handle that. On my first one it took a couple of weeks for the spots to show up, the second only took a matter of hours. So far my third is spot free after 2 weeks,and I'm hoping it stays that way. As I've stated on a previous post, the interesting thing here is that so far once the spots show up on the LCD they don't grow or more don't start to appear months later. After the spots initially appeared on my first Touch I kept it for several months prior to taking it in for a new one and no additional areas showed up. Based on what "up2no6ood" stated above I have never been able to manipulate my dark spot with pressure, but I don't believe I ever tried putting pressure to the outside positions for the spots before, so maybe that will make a difference. I'm just glad that so far no new spots have appeared on my 3rd Touch. I do have insurance and feel that if you have this issue you might want to take out the insurance and wait a while then try to get it fixed. In my opinion it's a manufacture defect and they should just fix it, but the Sprint stores will likely tell you that it does not affect the way the phone operates and is there for cosmetic, but just don't take "no" for an answer. They told me that the first time, and I had the tech bring out his manager, he told me the same and I think he could tell by the look in my eyes that I was about to rip in to him and he quickly decided to give me a new one. The second time I went in to the store and they told me the same thing, I went ahead and left without a new phone, but called CS and they sent me a refurbished one, which has not had any spots appear yet. I hope it stays that way. If the problem persists, I might request a discounted path to the Diamond, but I like my phone, and while the Diamond does have many things that I want, I'm not all that impressed with it. I would like to wait and see what else comes out in the next year or two if my Touch doesn't show that issue again.

Last edited by cpm199; 11-10-2008 at 12:37 PM.