View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM
romeroom
PPCGeeks Regular

romeroom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Door Comes Off Easily

Two great suggestions from hoe and junkie I had not thought of. I've broken three doors so far, and it is usually the hook tab that is at the bottom right if you have your 6700 facing down, making that side not flush; that tab supports the rear load of that right side--beyond me what Audiovox/HTC was thinking.

Well, I've used the supper glue suggestion I gave on another thread (for the stylus) two ways. When the tab broke, I've put a little bead of glue around the remainder of the broken tab--LET IT DRY OVERNIGHT. If you get it just right, it snaps into place when you slide the cover on (Use sandpaper to shape the bead.) The other way is to put a very light coating of the super glue on each tab that's not broken so they maintain their strength a little longer, and it fits a little more snug.

If you do not need to access the battery frequently, then I think PDAPhoneJunkie and Weedahoe's suggestions are probably the best--with the double sided tape suggestion as a first one to try.

If you're hesitant about working with super glue and want to be a little more liberal in the use any chemical compound, Hard as Nails clear finger nail polish will work well also. With that, it's more fogiving if you make a mistake and you can give those tabs several coats until it feels just snug enough.