View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:38 PM
DaPeeps
Halfway to VIP Status

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps
Re: How do you like your Touch Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exstatica View Post
I've had lots of strange issues. I run the stock rom, sync with exchange, use it as my normal work/play/personal phone. I switched from ATT to sprint for this phone, it might have been a mistake, but anyway here are a list of my issues.

* Lockups (The device won't turn on, and the buttons surrounding the dpad stay lit, keyboard lights up when opened
* Battery (i run Palringo, exchange and i have to charge halfway through the day)
* Heat (this bastard generates so much eat. Sitting in my pocket, charging, and running)
* Sprint TV (this the era of high speed, can i get some decent quality audio, it sounds like my head is in a bucket)

I'm sure a lot of these can be fixed with a Rom upgrade, and i'm sure i'll move to a custom rom eventually. I came from the XDA side working on the kaiser, and i had my phone really tweaked.

I'm going to give sprint a chance, and if the heat issue and battery has to be done via equipment swap then so be it, i pay for the insurrance. When the kitchens get more updated and newer roms ported then i'll probably switch roms, but for now i'll just hold tight, deal with it, and hope sprint does the right thing. I know they have so many complaints right now with the BB pros and even the telesales and store ones. So we'll see.
Very well typed out post. Welcome to PPCGeeks, we need more intelligent posters here

It sounds to me like you might have gotten a bad pro. I would try to exchange it now while you can, rather than let a bad unit further lower your opinions of the phone.

Here are my personal observations of the pro. I got mine from BB on 10/25/08. I immediatley noticed the "tingy" sound from the earpiece the moment i got out to my car and called a friend. I didn't think twice about it...thinking the genious's here would fix it in time.

The first night it was great I thought..I could have been in love at first site...but I was fine with it. The 2nd and third nights...I noticed when I woke up it was locked up....required a soft reset to fix. The phone was always fully charged. I think this was due to software I installed though.

The battery does suck. It will die quickly if left off the charger. I don't know how effective the stock charger is, as I normally use an old Motorola Razr charger for it. I use a Moto Razr car charger too for it. At work, I always have in plugged into my laptop via USB...so I really dont notice battery problems too much. Yesterday I let it die on purpose to see how long it would take. It died around 8:00 oclock and i woke up at 7. So its not too bad...but still sucks. I will be buying an extended for it as soon as its released by seido.

Other than that...I love it. I feel satified with the stock ROM...but will most likley flash a bunch anyway just to see them all. I think this phone is amazing and one of the best mobile devices out there.

As for newbs complaining....I come from a familiarity with WinMo devices. Starting with an old Ipaq, I have had a Moto Q9c, a mogul, and a touch....so I feel pretty comfortable with WinMo and its quirks and kinks. Anyone who has used a winmo phone before knows this, and those people know that this phone, is at its core...one powerful mutha $#@#$$. So we know, with the customization and flexibility that WinMo provides, we can make this thing RAWK.

So..I will stick with it, and Sprint. Sprint has coddled me like a mother wojld a newborn....so I can't abandon them in their time of need

For real tho....I love Sprint and would never leave them.

</long *** post>

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 11-07-2008 at 06:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.