View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Exstatica
PPCGeeks Regular

Exstatica is keeping up the good workExstatica is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How do you like your Touch Pro?

I've had lots of strange issues. I run the stock rom, sync with exchange, use it as my normal work/play/personal phone. I switched from ATT to sprint for this phone, it might have been a mistake, but anyway here are a list of my issues.

* Lockups (The device won't turn on, and the buttons surrounding the dpad stay lit, keyboard lights up when opened
* Battery (i run Palringo, exchange and i have to charge halfway through the day)
* Heat (this bastard generates so much eat. Sitting in my pocket, charging, and running)
* Sprint TV (this the era of high speed, can i get some decent quality audio, it sounds like my head is in a bucket)

I'm sure a lot of these can be fixed with a Rom upgrade, and i'm sure i'll move to a custom rom eventually. I came from the XDA side working on the kaiser, and i had my phone really tweaked.

I'm going to give sprint a chance, and if the heat issue and battery has to be done via equipment swap then so be it, i pay for the insurrance. When the kitchens get more updated and newer roms ported then i'll probably switch roms, but for now i'll just hold tight, deal with it, and hope sprint does the right thing. I know they have so many complaints right now with the BB pros and even the telesales and store ones. So we'll see.

http://www.myunspace.com A free file hosting site with no speed restrictions. Rom Chefs get free upgrade to Chef account which include unlimited storage. Interested Chefs please PM me.