View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 10:45 PM
GoodThings2Life
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

I just got mine today... so far I'm just going through every setting and every screen getting acquainted with it and figuring out what tweaks I want to do and all that jazz.

Hardware First Impressions:
1. Keyboard keys are smaller than I expected, but I'm OK with it given the extra row for numbers.
2. I'm not that keen on the chrome sides, but it's something I can cope with. Otherwise, I find it to be a very attractive device. It's roughly the same thickness and height of the Mogul but noticeably narrower.
3. Much lighter weight than the Mogul which is AWESOME.
4. Much crisper display than the Mogul which is AWESOME.
5. I keep trying to press the non-existent hardware keys, lol.
6. I am very happy that the display is flush against the surface rather than sunken into the device like the Mogul. Much easier to access scrollbars and the close button.

Software First Impression:
1. Because of performance issues on the Mogul, I had been avoiding TouchFLO3D. Now that I have it on a device that can really use it, I am very impressed with it.
2. I think Weather Database Editor, TouchFLO3D Tweaks and Config utilities should have been provided by HTC in the first place.
3. On the Mogul, I avoided the customizations and bundled software because it was mostly useless. The Sprint-branded stuff still is useless for me, but I do like the bundling of JETCET, WorldCard, RSS Hub, MP3 Trimmer, etc. Very good selection of tools.

I'm sure I'll find other things to like as I use it more, but for now I'm having fun with figuring out what all I want to tweak on it, lol.

Definitely worth the investment! In fact, I'm sure even Ricky Bobby would agree-- if you don't love this phone, then f*** you!