View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM
PocketPcUser
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

So, I want to say thanks for those who have already wrote their reviews. I agree with most.

I just briefly played with it in the store, and mind you, it was still attached to the security device, so it wasn't a proper introduction.

These are the things I noticed:
- If you are a guy who wears your finger nails a few weeks before clipping them, you're lady friend might appreciate what the keyboard forces on you; you simply have to keep your fingers clipped, as it really impeded on my use of the keyboard. I literally have to cut them past the tips so I can feel the keyboard accurately.

- Obviously, for girls/ladies, this might mean that this device isn't for you. I found that I could not accurately type, with nails that were normal lenth to a little longer. However, I couldn't imagine typing or doing anything with some of the nail-lengths I have seen girls wear, so maybe they are just better at it. Hint: Just try it out before you buy.

- For those that say the device is larger than it appears, I disagree; I thought it was TINY! I couldn't belive how small everything was, both in a good and bad way.

- The speed of the device was surprisingly fast, and the internet connection was just a tad bit faster than I am used to, using Wifi on my 6700. So, that may just be Opera, or the Data Connection speed.

- The TouchFLO interface was amazingly fast, and I didn't ever notice the RAM running out, even with many programs running. Even with a memory leak, I don't think you will ever run out of memory on this device. I think they could have just put 172MB of RAM, and have plenty left over. For those wondering about RAM, after a soft-reset, I noticed that it sat at about 200MB free RAM. I'm thinking that the reason HTC put so much RAM in this device, is because they want to see this device upgraded to WM6.5, which was recently mentioned online. Search Engadget Mobile, and you'll see that they even think that sources say we will see WM6.5, before we see WM7. So, this means that if there is WM6.5, then it should be middle of next year releasing. Maybe HTC also knew something, and planned ahead of time?

- Overall, this device is a huge upgrade from any device on the market, currently. I think it outdoes just about any other upgrade/replacement, that I can think of. 6700 -->>6800 just added GPS, and in some variants, added a stick of memory. 6800-->>6900 - HTC TouchFlo introduced, and the beggining of truely flat-touch screens.

- Screen quality I felt was superb, and almost comparable to the I-Phone1G; except, it doesn't seem to play well with direct-light. I don't own the I-Phone, but I think this handles light better.

- I will say the hugest problems I have with this device, are two things: The Stylus sucks! Although it isn't the retractable kind from the Tilt, it is still too short, IMO. Also, having no additional hard-keys on the right side of the device, seems like bad planning, almost as if they forgot to properly design the interiors to accomodate the buttons. The hard-keys on this device, are the devices physical down-fall.

- Based on what I have seen from Youtube, this device handles TV Out Extremely Well!! It just is amazing how they have improved on this feature. It handles video almost as good as a DVD player, making you wonder if you might just store your videos on your 32GB card, instead of lugging around your DVD's.

If I had to rate this device, based on price, quality, features, I would give it a 8. But, for certain carriers, I would give it an 9 because I noticed that certain carriers or locations give you more accessories. So, 8.5/10.
Hope this review helped. I plan on buying it in a week or two, so I hope to have a more thorough and proper review for that date.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
This post has been thanked 1 times.