View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
ayinde6
PPCGeeks Regular

ayinde6 is keeping up the good workayinde6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One Phone Can Not Please Everyone!!

I joined Sprint 3 years ago with the purchase of a Treo 650, since then I have owned the Treo 650, Treo 700, The HTC Touch and Now the Touch Pro w/new contract. With that said let me say that The Touch Pro (TP) is the best Phone I have ever owned. All the Phones mentioned above were great in their own right, but the TP blows them away. Since I have started using PDA Phones for work and play, there has always been something that was missing or something I wish was different about them. As is the case the with the TP, but they are VERY few this time.

No phone is perfect in my opinion, not even the “Heaven Sent” IPhone which I am so sick of hearing everyone compare every new Phone that comes out to. The IPhone is a GREAT phone I would never dispute that, but from what I have read it has it’s share of issues also. Besides these are two totally different types of Phones, and in my Opinion you can’t go wrong with a windows mobile device with all the bells and whistles for the work and play combination.

Enough of my soapbox let’s talk about this wonderful phone.

Pros and Cool features

1. Chrome Finish will make you say WOW! Yes it does attract fingerprints, but so does the PSP, DS Lite, PS3, IPhone, etc. Notice a trend here? People (mostly guys) like glossy, shiny new toys, the glossier the better. And I am one of those people so if I have to wipe my phone every now and then cause of fingerprints I will, this is in NO WAY a CON, unless someone has found a way to have glossy, shiny items without them attracting fingerprints.
2. TouchFlo3D is amazing!! I was able to get a little taste of it on my HTC Touch in 2D form, but there is no comparison TFL3D is amazing. It is a fluid and beautiful very easy to navigate interface. Take the time to customize it to your liking and you will be amazed. (Hint Play with the Music Player…WOW) I’ve read a lot people saying it is slow, but I just don’t see it, maybe I have a better model or something. I did do a hard reset before I started using it, maybe that helped.
3. I love third party apps, and what they can do for this phone. I have only 2 Programs I have paid for and I owned them with my Touch regular too. The rest is freeware. Like apps to automatically lower and brighten your back light depending whether you are outside or inside. or Gyrator 2 which will have your TP screen flip when you turn it. Works like dare I say the “IPhone” I didn’t even know the TP had this feature so I was pleasantly surprised by it.
4. Typing on the slide out keyboard is a breeze and a very welcome addition. Like I said I owned Treo’s before so going to the HTC Touch Reg with no hard keyboard was a challenge for me until I found a free program that work great for typing. But know just slide it out and type away.
5. Camera quality is great, much better than what I was used to
6. Internet Browsing is GREAT with Opera installed out of the box.
7. YouTube program installed out of the Box, I wasn’t a big YouTube fan, but I am now.
8. Screen display is ABSOLUTELY beautiful!! Best I have ever seen in a phone. Pics, movies, backgrounds, wallpapers, everything looks gorgeous on this phone.
9. Wi-Fi is a nice addition, although I haven’t really had time to play with it properly.
10. Sound quality is great for me, not sure what everyone else is talking about, I hear who I am talking to clearly and don’t hear any buzzing everyone else complains about, again maybe I just got a good phone, “Knock on wood.”

Cons, like I said no Phone is perfect…

1. Everyone is correct about the Battery life it does suck pretty bad, I mean I get about 4-5 hours straight with normal use. This is NOT a Big CON for me because I had a charger everywhere (car, work and home) for my regular Touch and they fit the TP, so I am always covered. Plus I am pretty sure some company like Seidio will come out with extended batteries very soon.
2. Another Con for me, not a big one though is the placement of the volume button, I go to turn my volume up or down and it feels like I am going to push the keyboard out. I find myself holding both sides of the phone to turn the volume up or down.
3. Another minor con would be how the mail tab is set up…if you have more than three email accounts they won’t all have preview icons to the right you have to use the D-Pad to preview them.

Well that’s my review of the Touch Pro, bottom line is, if you want a phone that can virtually do everything i.e. GPS, Email, Text, Web, Music, Videos, and oh yeah it makes phone calls too. With lots of bells and whistles you can’t go wrong. As long as you get a good device and not defective, take time to tweak the interface to your liking, you will be pleased no matter what phone you upgrade from. I titled this review “no one phone can please everyone” because there is not a phone out there that everyone in the world will love and if there is I would love to meet it. So you are going to have less than favorable reviews from some, but all in all I am sure this phone will please 80% of the people that buy it, in my opinion.

This post has been thanked 2 times.