View Single Post
Old 06-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Malatesta
Moderator/WMExperts Staff

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Hey Storyr,

What's neat about SPB Mobil Shell is it allows to dedicate basically 1/2 the screen under a new Tab.

So the quest is, how can we best take advantage of that? :P

If you want to give the program a try and maybe you can think of something that'd be great. Of course this assumes you have time so there is no rush on it. tia
I went ahead an installed the SPB Shell beta on an emulator - to check it out. I did discover that WP-Pilot will work with WeatherPanel in a tab - just move it below SPB Mobile Shell in the Today Items. Caveat: WP-Pilot thinks WP is there all the time - even when another tab is selected. It's really no big deal though. If this version of the Shell really takes off, perhaps I'll modify WP-Pilot to detect WP's visibility.

Meanwhile, I thought I'd mess around with Commuter-240 - make it taller and add a multiple day forecast at the bottom? Or not...

Hey Mal - great to see you back on the Treo - just like old times
It's good to be back! So much cool stuff is happening with PPCs, it's nice to see some solid, stable and fast software out there.

As far as the Commuter 240...

That could work although I find it only goes with the black theme, so maybe if it could be transparent?

But I have to kind of agree with budney: Ken's WeatherBox Fins layouts really look great for that Tab, but they need some slight adjustments here and there (mostly on the secondary and tertiary screens).

For myself I kinda like this idea:

Current conditions/today forecast (with percip, etc.)

Then maybe a 3 day forcast. Not too much detail so it doesn't look cluttered.

I think when this app hits 1.5 officially it'll be pretty big as SPB has addressed a lot of issues/requests with this one.