View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:38 PM
kwiksilver
Lurker

kwiksilver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Use extrenal touchscreen to control Touch Pro - Is it possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I have seen cables that convert mini usb to standard usb and I have also seen rgb cables with a extra mini usb port on them so the cable part of it should be possible. The only thing I am wondering is does the touch pro support the use of a mouse because if it does I may have found a solution: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...advantage.html This involves using a .dll file from windows CE. If my research is correct WM is based off of CE. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. I would try this myself but I don't have a touchscreen and it would be a waste of money for me if this didn't work as I don't have the money to get a separate pc for my car. Hopefully someone with a touchscreen will be brave enough to play around with this.
You are dead on, I would like to know if that HTC advantage cable could be used on the touch pro at all. I have a nice 7" touch screen in my car from my old carputer, but its just sitting empty right now. If that cable worked, any time I had my phone I could just plug in and have GPS/movies/music etc