View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
tanksmogul
N00b

tanksmogul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Retention Offer Revoked : EMT Dprt????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
exactly, the rants and raves are humorous now. If you werent willing to spend the 2 yr 299 price then you shouldnt be getting such an expensive phone in the first place. If the deal falls through then it falls through and oh no your stuck paying the same price everyone else is. Buy the phone or dont if you cant afford that then. You have those two options, whining and crying here about whats crap and whats not get you nowhere. No one's going to sue Sprint over a $50-100 savings, and youd lose anyways, so its blwoing smoke out the you know where.

The major point a lot of you are missing is a promise means NOTHING until it is enforced. If you dont get it then you dont get it, they arent under and obligation to honor that and your in turn free to leave Sprint and use other carriers too. The whole legal theory discussion is in a contract there is an offer/acceptance which was done, and consideration, the latter which youre missing. OP MAY have a good arugement to them that he already resigned, BUT he can also simply cancel the resigned contract too. If you didnt resigned you suffered no detriment, and thus no consideration not making it a valid agreement by law. Thats all the principle being set was. AKA you didnt do crap so quit whining you werent hurt by this, not getting what you want doesnt count

unless youre paying $500+/month theres few convincing reasons to get a $600 phone for under $150 no matter who promised what. If you didnt resign then you suffered no detriment here, move on and pay the 299, dont get it, or leave Sprint already

Hmmm...interesting perspective. So if I'm reading this right, you're saying people don't need to honor their word. That's really too bad. I guess I had more hope for th human race. Well, at least for a reputable company. Oh well.