View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 AM
hunterintusttin
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mogul now on MetroPCS w/real ESN

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
did u get skyfire to work? Mine never worked and the skyfire team told me that the new beta version still doesnt support "proxied" connections.... now about the store putting the ESN for you, i would say you're lucky! I've tried that in 5 corporate stores. I am a Metropcs customer with 4 lines since 2001 ( since they came in the market ) i was treated like S**t. they told me not to insist because that phone was not compatible. then I decided to take the other road. My will is to go back to the store and show them the freaking fully functional mogul and say: how'bout that you mofos?
I had the same experience at two dealer stores and they called their store support to make sure they can import the phone. It took three trips to the store but it worked on the end.

This is the location:

MetroPCS-Santa Ana
2307 Bristol Street #B
Santa Ana, CA - 92704
Ph: (714) 730-2869

Store Manager: Carlos (great guy)

I guess, if you're in the area (LA Market) make sure to bring your phone and see what they can do for you. I don't know but you might try to call them and have your phone imported to their store data base over the phone w/CC. Give it a try.

In regards to Skyfire, never had any issue (well can't permanently change the location for the weather) but the browser works great. Made it my standard browser and I'm keeping it. When I transfered one of my Moguls to Metro (still keep one on Sprint for the speed) I made a full backup of the Sprint Mogul with all my tweaks to make the transit faster. Later I customized the Metro Mogul a bit (wap.metropcs.net etc) and it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sequeira74 View Post
Man i have tried but here in MIAMI i can not find any store that will help with the ESN.
They have to know that you know your phone because they can't program the phone. But the best issue, once I had the phone activated, I waited one day, killed the new account and had the Mogul transfered to another MetroPCS account. Once it's on the national database, you can assign the phone to any accounts, as long you're able to program it.

Hope this helps.