View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
scaredwitless
N00b

scaredwitless is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New ROM project idea - anyone interested?

I have vision limitations myself, and spend a good amount of time with any ROM I try out, making it mostly comdortable for me to read. My impairment is not severe enough that I need major help reading the screen, but bumping up the fonts a fair bit and keeping the backlight on full are needed for me and are helpful to making the diamond readable. My main process is this: First things first on a new rom, go to settings->system->screen and bump the font size up to highest. then on to power and bump on the brightness and turn off the sensor selector. The next thing I do is install SMSTweaker for the sheer fact that it allows you to quickly bump up the text size of the SMS view which isn't normally affected by the system font selector. I believe it does this by registry edits but for my purposes it is faster to just install the cab for SMSTweak. Finally, I install a cab for NueFonts by nuechem, and use that to bump fonts up even further. Not always an rxact science but these steps help me a lot. and I mention them here in case they are methods new to you. If you find a sweet spot with your ROM which makes it more usable for you in the visual sense and have the inclination to release it, I say do please-- It won't be something everyone needs but there'll be others it'll help.