View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
cappy
PPCGeeks Regular

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Solution on delay answer when data on (no hard reset needed!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
Diamond Tweak can mess it up too though. I don't have Advanced Config any more. After correcting the registry and making sure it worked, I went back into Diamond Tweak and selected disconnect after 1min (recommended setting). Performed a soft reset and tested by connecting to the internet and then calling myself. The delay/difficulty in answering was back. I then changed Diamond Tweak to Disable disconnection and did a soft reset. I tested again and it still would not pick up the call when connected to the internet. I had to go back into the registry and correct the entry. Now it answers correctly even when I'm connected to EVDO service.

Now my question is, if I have it check mail say every 4 hours will it disconnect the EVDO service in between the times it polls for new mail? If it does not disconnect, will this have an adverse affect on battery life?

Barb
The connection should go inactive, which will not affect battery life - most of the time. But you have to watch it. I have seen the connection stay active at times when it should have gone inactive. So I check the arrows from time to time. If they stay white when they should not be, I turn off the Data Connection manually.