View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
brklyn
PPCGeeks Regular

brklyn is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Reviews

Just upgraded from my Diamond (had it for 2 weeks) to the Touch pro. Going to return the diamond soon, but since I haven't yet, I really get a chance to do some good comparison thinking.

To me, the diamond feels much nicer in the hand, the pro just doesn't feel as solid or nicely shaped (which it isn't, I suppose). They aren't much different in size, but the pro feels noticeably bigger in my hand. The sliding action is not as smooth as I would like it to be, like on other phones.

Other than that though, it really looks much better in person than I had expected after seeing it online and on youtube. It is small and the color scheme is not bad at all (though I like the Diamond's much better). Not as easily pocketable as the diamond.

The 4 way directional keypad thing is much improve over the Diamonds, stiffer and button location is more accurate. Also, the soft reset hole on the outside of the battery cover is great. Probably going to keep it but I do miss the Diamond form factor, the pro is not going to get the "oh wow nice phone! that looks cool" as much.

Got it at best buy for 254 after coupon and tax.