View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 AM
In The Office
Lurker

In The Office is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Possible defect or similiar on everyone elses

I almost hate to say this, but given the photos GXNEXT has posted, some of you seem rather forgiving.

Unless I am looking at them from the wrong angle, it seems plain to me that the piece in question ought to be flush with the body of the phone and is not properly aligned. This seems especially true given that some of you report that on your phone, the difference doesn't seem as bad as what is pictured.

Maybe this is immaterial for some of you; and maybe it ought to be. Heck, I am new here, and can't claim to know anywhere near as much as most, if not all, of you.

But I know it when a piece of hardware looks out of place to me, especially if parts of it are not plumb with the rest of it, and that's the way it looks to me in these photos.

I am not usually an early adopter when it comes to most electronic devices, but this phone has had me jazzed. And more and more I feel that excitement becoming tempered with the reality of the issues (both hardware and software) which this phone - as great as it may be, and likely will become - seems sure to face in the coming few days and months.

Sorry to be disagreeing with those who say it doesn't matter, or those who think it's nitpicking. But shouldn't the damn thing be on one even plane?