View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM
one0one951
PPCGeeks Regular

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Re: Touch Pro Reviews

After taking a full weekend to get acquainted with the TP and to compare it with my Mogul and 6700, here are some of my thoughts...

Pros:
-more program memory than I need
-base program list meets nearly all of my needs
-TouchFlo adds eye candy that is actually useful
-number keys make keyboard easier to use
-beautiful/responsive screen
-voice command finally works as advertised
-wifi works well (never got it to work on the Mogul)

Cons:
-keyboard light times out too quickly

Just to give you an idea of my usage... For work, I drive about 500 miles a day with my phone in a windshield mount. I use Sprint's TeleNav and media players heavily. I average about 4000 text messages a month. I rarely ever talk on the phone w/out an earpiece. That being said, this weekend I probably spent about 30 hours on the road. For the majority of the trip, I played music/videos and the telenav prompts (even the Sirius football channel stream for most of Sunday) over my Jabra BT3030. I made calls over my Jawbone2 with the voice command picking up the names perfectly. I received text messages that interrupted my music, read aloud, and then resumed the music playback. These are all things that I'd previously done with the Mogul. The main difference is that I had all the programs running at the same time, two bluetooth devices connected, GPS running, and streaming internet with no issues. No overheating. No out of memory errors. No answering a call and having to re-pair the other bluetooth so I can stream music again. This is exactly what I was looking for with this phone. It has the memory to get things done. I was had concerns about the missing buttons but after the first day I'd gotten used to the various screen swipes and flicks and even that light ring/D-pad thing. I do still reach for a dedicated “ok” button though. I was never really a fan of the scroll wheel so the dedicated volume controls were welcome to me. The only complaint I have truly is the slide-out keyboard blacking out so quickly. I can't wait for a fix for that. Honestly though... the frustration with the back light had a hidden bonus. I found that I can do a fairly decent job with the on-screen keyboard, something I have never liked at all.

Overall, I believe that I am the proud owner of the best phone on the market... period.
This post has been thanked 8 times.