View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:22 PM
badutahboy
Regular 'Geeker

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So...did HTC finally make a better device than the iPhone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mm View Post
This is a terrible car comparison.

Porsche: well built, everyday reliable with astounding performance and expensive. Focus: many cost cutting measures, not as well put together performance several factors less and costs one fifth or the Porsche. Tell me how this relates to either phone.

A better comparison is an early 90s Lamborghini (Touch Pro) to a Acura NSX from the same era. Lambo can do amazing things but who knows when it will stop working for no reason, uncomfortable, loud and hot, only a true fan can put up with it's negatives. The NSX is slightly cheaper, slightly less performance, but it is so well made it just works, anyone can live with it day to day.

I think you're still off.. to stick with the car analogy:

I think the Iphone is like a saleen mustang.. sleek, sexy, and smooth. The very top of the line product offering in it's class... However, it's capabilities are fairly limited. If you want to carry more than a couple sets of golf clubs and a buddy, you're out of luck.

Meanwhile the TP is like a Ford F150 lightning.. Powerful, retooled for speed, able to compete with the mustang, but still ultimately a truck, and full of all of the usefulness of a pickup.

It really does depend on what you want out of a phone. If you're a web surfing media junkie, stick with the Iphone.. but if you need mobile office and a ton of aftermarket software, the HTC devices are the way to go.