View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 11:32 AM
ScrapMaker
VIP Member

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Has the problem with blue tooth been solved

Just like with the 6700, Touch, and every other WM phone I have used, to get the BT working properly with MY BT hands-free kit in MY car, I have to leave BT on, and discoverable...

With that said, I CAN leave it just "on," but my Pioneer deck won't see the phone until I get a phone call, and I usually miss a ring. -- if I leave it as discoverable, then it sync's up, and the stereo mutes instantly.

So if you have any issues, try fiddling with those settings...

I wish it worked without being on discoverable, because that is a real battery-killer.

What I have learned to do, is create a BTON and BTOFF profile in PhoneWeaver, and if I am going to be away from the car for a while, I just turn off BT. The profile turns on BT (discoverable.) Pretty handy if you ask me.

Too bad PhoneWeaver is having some issues with my new Touch Pro... I had the same issues with a few ROMs on my Vogue though... Where PhoneWeaver cannot set the SMS or reminder sound... it simply beeps instead...

Oh well, one problem at a time!

With that said, the TP connects the same, if not a little bit faster to my Pioneer BT stereo... So that's nice!

I haven't had the phone long enough to really compare battery life, but so far it does seem worse than my Vogue... but my Vogue was terrible when I purchased it too, so I can't wait for all these ROMs to start coming out... It's so exciting! (dork)