View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM
Firon
PPCGeeks Regular

Firon is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro owners... what don't you like about it?

I upgraded from a Mogul and there's no way I'm going back.
Yes, I miss the hardware buttons, but we'll eventually get a program to remap ALL the keys to work how we want. You can already reprogram some of them with PQzII. http://nicque.com/PQz/
The d-pad took some getting used to, but if you press it right, it's not so bad. Press just outside of the circle.

The screen is amazing. The higher resolution is amazing. More memory, much more responsive, browsing is fast as hell now, videos play better... sound quality is better (headphones). Sure, a few apps look ugly, but you can't blame the TP for that. Any VGA phone would have the same issue with QVGA apps. The flush screen is a lot better, it makes it easier to hit stuff on the edges of the screen. I did stop putting it in my pocket now though, I switched to the case it comes with.
You'd have to be nuts to wanna go back to the slow *** Mogul over missing hardware keys. Besides, you get used to it fairly quickly. The keyboard layout is slightly different, so you typo a lot, but again, it's just a matter of getting used to it.

And you don't HAVE to use TouchFlo3D. It can be disabled.

For those wondering, the Mogul is thicker and larger overall than the Touch Pro. But the TP seems to be a tad heavier to me. Not a big deal though.

Last edited by Firon; 10-26-2008 at 08:07 PM.