View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 02:33 AM
[sammich]
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to: Replace WM Splash/Boot Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcole2003 View Post
Ok I have a problem. I tried to make this my boot screen( see thumbnail). i got the image and changed it to a png file. then i renamed the file to welcomehead.96.png . i opened my file explorer and put it in windows directory.... nothing. then i put it in the windows/startup folder. Big mistake. now i cant delete it and when i soft reset, it goes through its motions and the final result is the image on my core media player. Help. Which file in windows do i put it in, and how do i delete this from startup menu?
EDIT: Ok whew. I was able to delete it from my start up menu but i still cant get this splash screen to open so the first question still stands. What am i doing wrong.
Did you rename it on your computer? If so, remove the extra .png on the file name. You probably have 'hide extensions for known file types' enabled on your computer, which changed the name of the file, not the .png part.
This post has been thanked 1 times.