View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
AKU 3.5 BlueTooth, Kitchen Fix Files

I have finally tracked down and resolved the BT issues on the new kitchen. The link here will allow you to download the fixed files and replace them in your Kitchen. No more endless spinning on BT toggles, PAN issues are resolved, and headset/GPS all funcitoning properly in regards to turn on/off and losing pairing.

I dont know how to break the DLL files out of the module folders properly, so I am unable to make a cab file to allow you to patch your existing flashes. If someone is able to somehow extract those DLL files, and post them back, I will gladly make a CAB installer to allow those who do not wish to rebuild or reflash to be able to resolve their BT issues. My ROM has these fixes implemented if you wish to flash to my own.

Sorry this took so long, I had a LOT of homework to do on BlueTooth, and a crapload of reading to do on Microsoft's Technet. If you are interested in the sources for my information i will pass this link along to you from Helmi_c

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa915903.aspx

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Documentation
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

\OS\
\208f8be6-1362-45b3-ae17-95d4ab426c11\
btdrt.dll
bthlink.dll
bthutil.dll
obexapi.dll

\OEM\
BluetoothSetting.dll
com16550.dll
pcmcia.dll

\OEM\
\APACHE_Drivers\
bthamb.dll
bthasplugin.dll
bthcsr.dll
bthhid.dll
bthidsvc.dll
bthsc.dll
bthuart.dll
bthusb.dll
serial.dll
wcestreambt.dll
btd.dll

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
ALL of the above files control the Bluetooth either directly or indirectly. It took me about 8 or so flashes to realize that you cant just update the files, you need to update their dependancies as well.

The Registry was not altered at all, so this download pack should be sufficient to do a file replacement on the UNIFIED KITCHEN.

If you have issues with BlueTooth once building a ROM with these files, please be specific and post STEP-BY-STEP instructions to duplicate your problem. I may also need a link to your ROM so I can flash it on my Demo to duplicate your issue.

Enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

EDIT

1 - DELETE all of the files listed in the post above from your kitchen

2 - COPY all of the files in the zip to the proper directory. They are broken down by folder, as well as listed in the post above where they all belong

3 - DONE

None of the files are flagged as read-only or hidden, there should be no issues building your ROM after replacing these files that you wouldnt normally have an issue with.

These files fix

1 - Endless spinning icon when re-enabling BT on the handset

2 - Extremely long time to re-enable BT, phone says BT is on, but the device will not connect (headset or otherwise)

3 - OBEX & PAN disconnection issues from laptops & dropping connection during file transfers
Attached Files
File Type: zip bluetooth_unified_kitchen_files_186.zip (430.3 KB, 226 views) Click for barcode!