View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
land2634
Halfway to VIP Status

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Touch Pro Release Info (consolidated criticalaudioinc info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
concerning this heat panel stuff is it realistic to assume that sprint will recall these pda's to add a heat panel or maybe have people go to their repair reps, and have these panels added. this is the 1st pda i ever had die on me while i was charging and using at the same time. i emailed customer care (i never call) and told that the device is defective using bluetooth, slingbox almost anything makes the device extremely hot, they said they been having complaints about the heat of the unit, and even though my 30 days have past that i can exchange for a different device as long as i pay any difference in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criticalaudioinc View Post
Due to FCC approved the phone without the heat shield sprint not HTC is held reliable for it. They dont have to do a recall of any type on the phone, Now here is what sprint and HTC are expecting. With the Pro release they already suspect a large majority of diamonds to be returned or exchanged. If the marjority hits a certain amount and from what is explained to me the part will be added.
That was about 5-6 pages back. I wouldn't expect to see a recall due to the fact that the device, according to many, still works as expected even with the heat issue.