N00b

Darth Pooh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
I was just poking fun at the rest of the employees who are as tech savvy as my grandma. It is not their fault that they are not complete nerds like we are. Unfortunately, the company they work for puts them in the position of trying to answer questions that they have no clue about.
I stopped an official Sprint store in our mall the other day and just more for fun than any real expectation of discovering anything new....I asked about the 6800. One rep saw it on a sheet of releases at sometime but didn't know anything about it. Another new a little about it and that it had been delay. I asked if it would have Rev A when first released...."Sure it will, because you know you cannot software upgrade a phone to run on Rev A". I then explained that if the radio in the phone supports Rev A it can be software enabled and disabled. He said he never knew that. I explained the reason I asked was that they never enabled the 6600's EVDO radio as promised when it was first released. He was insistent that the 6600 never had an EVDO radio because Sprint wouldn't do that to their customers. When I shared him what really happened, he called over all the other workers (the store was dead) and had me repeat....errrr...train all the rest of them of everything I just explained to him.

Needless to say I didn't walk out of the store with any new information, but the reps did.
Heh, nothing new. I went into Tmobile last week to find out about the crappy wing (I am more interested in the form factor than the shitty specs); anyway, the girl asked me why I didn't want a Dash (considering its EOL, I didn't really explain myself), I said the only good thing the dash has is the WM6 update... <blink blink> "the wha?" An update to make the operating system run better... "oh, my brother does that stuff for me"... I swear I could hear crickets when I tried to explain. My girlfriend thinks I shouldn't even speak to REPS at any store because I end up frustrated when I leave.

I am sure everyone on these forums have similar stories to share.