Old 10-19-2008, 07:40 PM
glassladi
Lurker

glassladi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre-order

Hi Everyone! Newbie here!

I have been watching the posts here for a few days. Due to a past issue from Sprint, I was not as trusting, so the multiple dates being posted were very educating on how Sprint's customer interactions work, or not!

I am amazed that some of you actually got CS agents to say anything about a release date!

I talked to one agent two weeks ago, he asked, "What date have you heard!" When I told him the 19th, he told me he would call me on the 18th, since I am buying two phones. Hmmm! No call yesterday!

Friday I had a chat with a CS agent who refused to confirm or deny anything about a release date. She kept referring me to the Buzzaboutwirelss forums, which are one of those un-amusing jokes of an attempt to make customers feel like they are being heard! Today I had a phone call with an agent who worked really hard to sell me a phone, even though she knew what I wanted was not available. At one point, she said...tell me what features you want, and I told her a Touch Diamond with a slide out keyboard, she offered the Touch! *Grrr!*

At any rate, while I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, I have had fun reading the threads. No, I took none of the posts about the date seriously, but I sure have learned a lot!

Meanwhile, I am still staring at my Palm Treo 650, which was soooo state of the art 3 years ago! Out of contract, I will wait patiently for the Touch Pro.I have had Sprint for almost ten years, and yes the plans are better than the competitors...so I would like to stay. But, I have to tell you, last June I started researching phones, and I was intrigued by the Blackberry Bold, and it still hasn't come out. Now, that the Touch is delayed, I am hoping I am not the bad jinx on cell phones.

Thanks for keeping me amused for the last few weeks!

Last edited by glassladi; 10-19-2008 at 07:42 PM.