View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 AM
dsmith5237
Lurker

dsmith5237 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HORRIBLE Flaw that may cause me to return the Diamond.

If you want to have the most reliable alarm clock and make sure you get the call, you might want to try a Motorola i530. It's loud as #### and rarely has issues. You can toss it around the room, against the wall, trip over it, sit on it, and it will most likely not skip a beat.

If you want a modern wonder phone that has bugs and glitches that occasionally rear their ugly heads, go for a newer phone, especially a PDA.

I use an old school alarm clock. For me, a phone is not and probably never will be a substitute for that. If I was in a situation where my wife/gf absolutely had to reach me, she and I would probably both have a backup phone. If she was expecting there was some other crisis potential event I wouldn't think twice before getting a backup. For your situation, a more modest solution may be to get a dumb phone for the house, just a trusty phone on the nightstand that you know will work when you need it.

My phone has locked up maybe once in the last three and a half weeks. I don't even know if that was a true lockup. It might have just lagged a bit and I got impatient. Either way, it was while I was doing installs and all, not while it was idle. Your mileage may vary, but the Sprint version of the Diamond is by far the most stable WinMo device I've seen/used.