View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 12:28 AM
JoJoCal19
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

JoJoCal19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HORRIBLE Flaw that may cause me to return the Diamond.

Rainfreak and Dj mysha thank you for your insightful posts. Rainfreak I will come back tomorrow and list all my apps, I dont have uncommon ones that some others are using and people are using on ppcs.

Dj mysha that is helpful to know. I guess it may not matter what rom I have and I may need to exchange the phone as it could be hardware related AND I know Ive seen atleast one other post where someone mentioned it happening.

To those that are saying, well get an alarm clock as an alarm clock, obviously you didnt read my entire post because I am pretty sure I clearly said that my fiancee goes to work in the way early morning and she may need to get ahold of me. If my phone is frozen and she cannot text or call when she needs then WTF good is it for? So that is my main concern. I have a BB that I can use and an alarm clock, I would just rather use one device and since I keep my phone next to me so my fiancee can call if need be, I just like to use it as an alarm too. So before you bash me on that aspect, think, if you go to bed at 10pm, what if your phone froze shortly after and you missed an important phone call because a family member was in an accident and was rushed to the hospital in critical condition? Exactly. If the phone is freezing at some point while its on the charger then that is no good.

I will probably be exchanging the Diamond out for a new one and go from there. It is important to say though Rainfreak, when I first got the phone and before I modified it or installed anything other than googlemaps, it did do this same thing. It was the first week that I had it and I figured it was just a one time glitch. Now that it has happened again, and after its been hard reset a couple of times, Im leaning towards a hardware issue.