View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Quigs
N00b

Quigs is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I gave it a go but back to BlackBerry I go...

Gotta say I am the opposite. I came from a crackberry pearl and have to admit at first it was hard to get used to not having the dynamic push e-mail. (I now use activesync at the scheduled events). It just worked. But in the end, what I realized is it simply is what you get used to. You have to learn the ins and outs of each device. The way things work is different, everything from calendars to e-mails is accessed differently. Comparing a curve to any qwerty keyboard is not apples to apples. Pearl vs the Diamond is fair and the diamond keyboard works as close to the pearl as you can get. My only complaint in the diamond is the word complete interferes with your typing. On the pearl I was not looking up realizing I had strung words together. I figured I kept missing the space key.

But, after having the diamond for a while and learning how to tweak the diamond it is way better than the pearl. It’s the little things - like being able to have your Outlook folders (you could access them sort of in the crackberry) - but the fact that outlook simply matches as a mobile version of the desktop is awesome. You just have to adapt to the workflow and be patient. And the customization and ability to run a ton of programs is a difference maker for the diamond. Not to mention web browsing and other benefits.

To each is own - its a matter of what you look for in a device. No doubt winmo is for geeks and tweakers.
This post has been thanked 1 times.