View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
gambatte
Regular 'Geeker

gambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargambatte is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Which Wi-Fi Card In the 6700?

Hmmm. Thought that issue was solved. Had to reread everything u did previously. First, let's try to troubleshoot the card. I assume that u did a soft reset after the installation. Just wondering what ROM you settled with. 6.1? There are some interfering ingredients, e.g. dialers, the TouchFLO stuff, etc. U might want to load the stock Verizon WM5 again and reload the card. Also, I assume that u can read and write to a regular miniSD card. If u can't do that, the WIFI won't work either. Also, look at the WIFI config and make sure DHCP is enabled, e.g. u get the IP address automatically. I have to believe that the WIFI card is a separate system with separate drivers, etc. But it also needs a functioning miniSD card slot. Call up VZW and tell them the sad story, but leave out the 6.1 flashing bit. I don't think the WIFI radio should fail anytime close to a year. If you have been a good customer, I've heard that they might offer u a refurb even w/o insurance. Keep calling back and be nice 'cuz it depends on the rep.

Last edited by gambatte; 10-11-2008 at 01:43 PM.