View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 PM
kkohlmann
Lurker

kkohlmann is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
so im still using the stock rom for the time being and im kind of noticing a trend in battery useage. if I make sure I kill my data connections when im not using them, and make sure to go into the task manager and kill any still open programs, then the battery life is quite good, though if I let programs continue to run (like opera specifically) then i see the battery drain quite quickly. I pull my phone off the charger at around 6am, and by the time I get off around 3pm I am usually around 70% remaining. though if I let programs run then it can go down to about 40% by 3pm.
I agree with this as well...I do want to thank the people in this thread, you have really help me manage my battery better. One pitfall to where I work is that the phone is constantly switch back between Sprint and roaming service. I tweaked the registry to force roaming while I'm at the office and it has improved my battery life 10 fold. I took my phone off the charger at 715am this morning and I am at 77% batter life now 12:10pm and I have probably been on the phone for roughly an hour or so. I'm very happy with this, as I think this is the best battery life I've seen.

I really wish someone would create an app to show how much usage we have left, because unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to do this myself. Anyway, thanks again...

--Ken