View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
kidmet
Regular 'Geeker

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy View Post
That would be good to know too.

I was thinking along these lines. If it can be determined that certain settings or combinations of settings produce a consistent mA discharge rate reading, software could monitor this reading. A pop-up or some kind of alert would be triggered if the readings become inconsistent with the current settings. For example, it has been reported by 5 people here that their mA discharge rate is 57mA when the Phone radio is on, the Data Connection is on but not transmitting, and BT is on but not paired. With NuChem's skills, he could watch the mA discharge under these settings. If the reading goes to 117mA for a period of time as it did for me this morning, some type of alert would be triggered. Also, this could apply to CPU usage. You could get fancy from there. Once the alert is triggered, there would be a chance to correct the problem, before your battery is drained at the end of the day. In my case, I was manually monitoring. When I saw the inconsistent reading, I soft reset to correct it and avoided a suprise at the end of the day.

To my knowledge the information reported in this thread applies to CDMA Diamonds.
Beyond these calculations, there are also outside affects on batteries. IE temperature, static charges, etc...