View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM
c0wb0ycliche
Lurker

c0wb0ycliche is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

I think there most certainly is an issue with battery drain, however, I have some more, abstract ideas about why this happening.

I really think it has to do with usage.

I see some of these posts where people mention they made a few quick calls, maybe sent a few texts, and had push e-mail. And their phone lasted all day.

My Diamond doesn't last very long. At all. By around 2-4 PM it's getting dead if I don't plug it in.

However, my usage is hardly what I'd call usual.

I am usually on Opera/YouTube/Sprint TV for around 2 hours in the morning. While doing this I usually receive and send a large amount of text messages. After this, when I leave work, I usually am on the phone for at least half an hour. The rest of the day has maybe half a dozen phone calls, and maybe 100 or so incoming and outgoing text messages. I'll check my e-mail manually maybe 3 or 4 times. Sometimes I'll have IM running in the background. I would say before the end of the day (midnight usually?) I have used the internet for around 3 hours, been on the phone for at least 2 hours, and sent and recieved at least 100 messages and another maybe 20 instant messages. And played Teeter for 10 minutes. GPS is maybe every three days for usually only 20 minutes. Oh and about 30 minutes a day of using it to listen to music.

So. I would consider myself a pretty heavy user.

And while I wish my phone wouldn't be dead by the afternoon, I don't see how it couldn't be with how much I use it.

My question is this... are people on here using it like I am, and still having a good charge by end/mid day?

And are the people whose batteries are sucking using their phone all crazy like I am?

I should also point out my phone get pretty hot. Not like, OUCH hot, but a little hot.

Hope this maybe helps the discussion!