View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Nagrom Nniuq
Halfway to VIP Status

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPC Graphics Chips-What's your future preference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Bro, If U believe or follow the specs, Ur device will almost be useless. This is why we go to forums to unlock the true power of our devices. Yeah the screen will only show 480x320. It is because that is the maximum res of the display. imagine this, my monitor's max res is 1280x800. I have an option up to 1600x1200. What would happen if I select that res? I know U know what i'm talking about. That is why Iphone needs to output the 1080p so will be viewable on a display that is capable of 1080p. The point is, Iphone's hardware is really hardcore.
I fully understand all that. My point was not that it cannot play a 1080p video, I can do that on my WM phone also (albeit very choppily), rather that the screen will not display over 320 lines of resolution. Your monitor example is flawed in that a monitor has a native res AND a max res. Phones are not big enough to have this, hence we only have the max res, and the iPhone's is not 1080p.

The Tegra 2500 screen IS 720p (the 650 is 1080p) AND it can record video at that res AND output it to a TV via HDMI. Why we are even discussing the iPhone is beyond me though.