View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:24 AM
cornelious2
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
Cornelious - I understand what you are saying but I have to say isn't it about time HTC and SPrint actually learned from their mistakes in the past - e.g. Mogul Bluetooth fiasco and started testing and fixing things before they release them. I'm not expecting perfection but the BT and battery issues are not things easy to miss in a day or even hour of testing.
Yea I agree with you 100% there, but all the people immediately jumping ship and going back to their old phones is kinda crazy. honestly, it is ridiculous that HTC releases these phones in such a glitchy state, but lets be honest here. Are you going to be happy as a consumer to only get a phone every 3 years? I go into getting any bleeding edge electronic device considering it basically the final beta.

As a programmer you would not believe how quickly my end users find problems in apps that I wouldn't even consider thinking about. Also they test in a perfect environment with people that have lists of what to test and have the mindset to not test outside that realm. Yes it sucks, but thats how pretty much everything works. look at the xbox360 or the ps3 or first gen plasma tv's, early DSL, first gen web apps, poweruser video cards, etc. As much as the early glitches really do suck, its part of the lifecycle of the product. If you can't handle that make sure you wait at least 6 months before jumping into a product.

Now compound the fact that people are installing 3rd party apps that were designed for last year (or 5 years ago for that matter) phones/pdas. Even jumping from 95 to 98 caused a myrid of compatibility issues. My question for all the people with issues with the battery or whatnot is, how many of you are runing the phone stock with just applications that were built for the phone and have not had a revision in over a week. m\My diamond should hit my apartment around noon. soon we shall see if I am just the jackass on a rant