View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 AM
cappy
PPCGeeks Regular

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
what tool you guys are using to monitor your battery, link? My readings are not consistant with others. I want to use the same tool and measure again.
also, did you turn your backlight to full brightness when you measure your battery?
I have NuePower installed for the 1% battery display. The readings that I have reported are from Homescreen Plus, which is a plugin that I use in conjuction with SecondToday. Homescreen Plus reports -100Ma than NuePower. Both Homescreen Plus and SecondToday are by the same vendor. If you are interested, the link to the site is http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_im_cs.htm. I find this combination of the SecondToday and Homescreen Plus convenient and Homescreen reports CPU usage, battery status, and discharge rate, among other things, on one easily accessible screen.

Both tg1.0 and the7thson appear to be using SystemInfo. They give the same readings as Homescreen Plus (-100Ma less than NuePower). tg1.0 posted a zip file on page 5 of this thread.

mabmarc appears to be using NuePower. It reports 100Ma higher than the others mentioned, probably due to its polling method or screen redraw? There is a link to NuePower on one of the threads, maybe in this one.