View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Tiberius85
Regular 'Geeker

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

I did a little experiment today after reading some battery issues and, I myself having battery issues. First i deactivated the radio, then reenabled it. I left my phone fully charged sitting on my desk today for the past 9 hours doing absolutely nothing. So far, the phone hasnt even dialed #777 to connect at all. I checked it periodically throughout the day, each time i checked it was in the mid 90s. I just checked 2 minutes ago and it was at 90%. The phone is also cold as expected.

This basically just confirms what i already know.. the 3G radio, heck ANY radio in this thing is the killer of the battery. My mogul's battery wasnt that much bigger, yet it could use bluetooth all day with only a slight difference in power consumption, and the phone would never get hot unless i was doing heavy browsing. Anytime i use the radio on this thing for anything it starts getting very warm, even if its for 15 seconds.

Im not sure if its a defective phone, or just something wrong with the radio stack, but something definitely is NOT right on this. My mogul would have to be plugged in to the wall, running 3G and WiFi to get as hot as this thing gets in 5 minutes of using Opera. Its the same core chipset right? from the 7500 family. I could leave this phone the way it is all weekend and it would still be alive. Its only consuming about 38mA the way it is now.

Just checked it again.. running time 14 hours with no data transmissions but the radio is on, battery life is at 88%