mherald81
N00b

mherald81 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
It's funny that no other person who posted in this thread actually said why they thought the Diamond is better than the Touch.... Only knocked me for having an opinion. And sorry to the 'Know all phone geeks' for making a mistake on the processor, 1000 apologies.. now get the F over yourselves.

As stated above by king, and IN MY OPINION... Besides the screen, the Diamond is not $249 better than the Touch.... not yet.

BTW>>> Magnetic stylus, dumbest reason ever for a phone to be mentioned as being better than another phone... cause those styluses are always just flying all over the place.
I think the Diamond is better than the Touch. I do agree that the battery life does suck, but I am always near a computer and have no problem charging my phone at work. Plus, this isn't an iPhone and I can invest in a 2nd battery.

The screen on the Diamond is a much appreciated upgrade for me, since I use Slingplayer a lot and the video looks much better than it did on my Touch. Plus the screen, even though not as good as the iPhone, is more visible in the sunlight than the Touch. GPS seems to be much better on my Diamond, which locks in 5 seconds or less for me. On my Touch it would sometimes take 30 seconds. WiFi is nice! I really missed it on my Touch since the EVDO coverage at my home is not so great. As far as the magnetic stylus, you must have never owned a PPC6700 because I've lost several styli with that phone. So it's nice to feel a little more confident that I won't loose a stylus again, even though I never lost one with my Touch. Oh, and it's nice that the Diamond turns on automatically when I pull the stylus out. The G-Sen is nice feature that I like. It may be laggy at times, but there are tweaks out there to make it much better. I think the sound quality on the Touch is much worst than the Diamond.

Other things that I like about the Diamond over the Touch are that it has more RAM and a faster processor. The camera is also usable on this phone, the one on the Touch was junk.
This post has been thanked 1 times.