Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingabraham3 View Post
i agree with the first post. when you get past the "superficial" (a.k.a cool but useless) features of the phone, its barely (if at all) an improvement.

Touch Vs. Diamond

Battery: Touch by a far, perhaps double as good.
Heating Up: Touch, once again, by far.
Ruggedness: My Touch has been through hell, yet after more than a year, it is still in great shape. My Diamond already has noticeable scratches on the sides.
Sound Quality: The Touch was pretty bad, but the Diamond is far worse.
Buttons: The Diamond's d-pad is so hard to use, its pathetic.
Size: the diamond is smaller, but the touch is actually a bit thinner.
Screen: the diamonds vga screen is awesome, but its is very unsensitive around the edges.
Taking Away the superficial:
Magnetic stylus: cool, but I've never, not once, lost my stylus on my touch.
G-sensor: makes me want to cry compared to the iPhone. barely works, and takes way too long.
TouchFlo: Admittedly, VERY COOL, but not nearly as useful as it is cool
Wifi: never used it (well once to test it, but no more.)

The diamond does have a better camera, but i barely (almost never) use it anyway.

while i didn't cover it all, point is, when compared to the touch, the diamond isn't all that revolutionary, and in many ways a step back. While i am no fan of Apple or its products, one should give them credit: their new products are always across the board improvements on the older ones. In a year and a half of technological advances since the Touch, the Diamond is actually a disappointment. Its better, but by an embarrassingly small margin.

and yes, I will be returning my Diamond.
It's funny that no other person who posted in this thread actually said why they thought the Diamond is better than the Touch.... Only knocked me for having an opinion. And sorry to the 'Know all phone geeks' for making a mistake on the processor, 1000 apologies.. now get the F over yourselves.

As stated above by king, and IN MY OPINION... Besides the screen, the Diamond is not $249 better than the Touch.... not yet.

BTW>>> Magnetic stylus, dumbest reason ever for a phone to be mentioned as being better than another phone... cause those styluses are always just flying all over the place.