View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:29 PM
drexappeal
VIP Member

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Diamond vs. Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
You know what guys?

I'm 37 years old, and have been an IT guy for the last 10 years - admittingly I wanted the Diamond Pro because of the keyboard. I've learned that I'm a 'hands on' kind of guy, but guess what? Due to the fact I'm in Canada, and couldn't wait - took the plunge after my HTC 6700 was retired, I went for the Touch Diamond!

I braced myself having no keyboard, but guess what? I dig it. I can use the onscreen full QWERTY keyboard, and still do what I need to do. Also I've learned that with more advancing technology coming out, soon everything with a 'screen' will be touch-ready.

So it's my suggestion that we'd get used to using technology with no keyboard or mouse. Ask yourselves this: what is mobile technology doing for the public? Teaching them new skills by navigating their devices with no need for keyboards or mouse. I strongly suggest we 'IT/computer geeks' learn to do without the keyboard.

So far, I have no need for a keyboard. I can do remote jobs, navigate using the on-screen QWERTY keyboard (hated it before on the 6700, ALWAYS used the keyboard), and again - I'm digging it.

Fellas - if I can do without, so can you.

Teach yourselves a new trick - go keyboard-less! w00t!
I understand what you're saying and technology is definitely advancing at a more rapid pace in the new millenium. Thing is, there will always have to be some sort of phone with a hard keyboard (think of those that are blind).

My thing regarding the keyboard is I can feel when I've made a mistake vs. using a onscreen keyboard and not having to look at the keys to make sure I don't make a mistake. That saves me time and time=money. Just my perspective.