View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
marcjen
Regular 'Geeker

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: i know why battery life sucks so much!

I hate to keep nagging about the battery.. but it helps me come to terms with the reality of it.

Biggest frustration: Having a phone that CAN do a lot, but requires constant charging or battery conservation.

So, instead of having this great device that allows me to use BT for phone calls, ActiveSync for AUTD email and Opera to check in on the latest sports or do a quick Google search, I have a device where I need to AVOID those things because it DRAINS the battery. God forbid I actually use Sprint NAV or listen to music on the device.

Does this make any sense?

Using my old phone, I'd never think twice about using my headset/BT ALL day. Never hesitate about loading up Opera. Didn't worry about screen brightness. Or taking calls. Or typing emails. Not to mention, my old 6700 could recharge the battery to full in about 30 minutes (or so, it did a pretty quick recharge, way faster than the current Diamond).

So did I move foward with this new phone or backward? It can do more, but really it can't. It does fit in my pocket a lot better.. :/

I would guess it's something that "might" get fixed down the road from Sprint, whether it's a real problem or by design remains to be seen I guess.
This post has been thanked 1 times.