View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 01:27 PM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000
What exactly is the 'user agent' issue ? I don't face any issues in 1.2.u, if that issue exists there as well, then I should be unimpacted
\

a lot of sites that are PPC friendly are not recognizing the browser as being on a portable device because microsoft updated the "User-Agent" string to MSIE 6.0 and NOT MSIE 4.01..... not only did they make that change, but they embedded it into the supporting DLL files for PIE, making it impossible to change via registry.

The most noticeable impact is the picturemail website. The site thinks you one a desktop browser and formats it so your unable to view the pictures and download them. Even the PPCGeeks forums look "funny" even in WAP mode. The formatting is all off.

+++++++++++++

Notes to button 5 huh? Did you try re-mapping the button ?

+++++++++++++

Not enough to flash? hehe, thats why its a beta, just wanted to get what i was working on out there and there were a LOT of requests for mars weather over spb. Enjoy!