View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 11:09 AM
nuguy
Oldguy

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, so there's no 'consumer drive', that's simply not true. If there was no consumer drive, why would carriers be spending so much ad $s on navigation subscriptions for much more basic phones? Because we have a pda and are more tech than an 'average phone user' would it be natural to expect us to want more or less tech in our phone????

EVERYONE is trained to expect this to not function.

You can find this debate going on all over the net, people DO want this. One nagging thing though... In every one of these debates (threads) someone says "Hey GPS on our PDA!" followed immediately by someone else "What are you serious, that doesn't work, that can't work, don't waste your time even thinking about it because it will NEVER EVER HAPPEN!"

Maybee if instead, everyone went to ONE petition, aimed at HTC they would see the 'consumer drive', and realise that it would give them a very marketable edge over their competitors.

It may not ever work, I know that, but I also know it CAN, and at least if things are being done PROactive, it gives us a chance at seeing this implimented sooner in some device.

People who demand nothing but the finest accuracy would still need a separate device. However it opens up a whole new world of location based services to many users that would otherwise be much later adopters.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590