Thread: Adding Ram
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:03 PM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adding Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
UPX4PPC is a compression program to ZIP up your installed programs and allows them to run as normal while in the compressed state. It's a freeware too! It works o.k. but not all programs work with it. Alot of programs will work straight from a storage card, so really my problem hasn't been the storage memory. If there were only a way to expand the program memory. If i could get a extra 10mb, maybe I could multi-task the way a windows mobile phone should.
new nuerom version 3 does just this actually... my understanding is that it removes the camera driver temporarily from ram to free up 8-10 megs of extra ram. the camera can be reenabled, but this does require a reboot and you lose the ram until you disable it again.

nuerom v3 is currently only a prerelease and does have a couple bugs and the only way to access it currently is to make a donation at http://www.nuerom.com