Praiz2ELoHiM
Lurker

Praiz2ELoHiM is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 9/23/08] v1.2 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlainShane View Post
Yeah, reinstalling and then uninstalling the Super Sensative mod did not solve the problem I had of replying to an SMS. Recap of my problem: When I try to reply to a SMS it has the last message from whomever I am messaging highlighted in blue and the keyboard is not popped up and ready to type with the cursor blinking in the text field. Clicking the keyboard icon or tapping the text field just makes it flash up and then go back down preventing me to type a message.

Still problematic but when I use the full qwerty not as often..
Not sure if it will be fixed in 1.3 but i found a work around.

So when you're replying in threaded mode, like you were describing, with the cursor blinking and ready, once you hit the keyboard button it flaps open then closed, back to initial state.

My work around requires two fingers. When you first push the keyboard button to flap it up, the keyboard will take up space on the button therefore shifting the text entry area up. You basically need to use one finger to flap open the keyboard, then use you 2nd finger to quickly refocus the cursor in the shifted text entry field, by just tapping the blank area where the cursor is supposed to be.

Has worked for me to remain in threaded mode and not have to initiated a brand new text. Which requires the extra step of retyping the recipient. Time, that i think, is worth saving.