View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:31 PM
weedahoe
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Text/MMS read reciepts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sHockz View Post
being delivered is one thing. having a text message sent back to you when that person reads what you wrote is invasive.

assume for one second that I am busy at work, and I do not have time to talk to my gf. She sends me some stupid text about her hairdresser appointment and wants me to respond. instead she gets a txt saying i read it, but never gets a response from me...because I am to busy to even mess with that. Now I have a pissed off girlfriend who thinks I am avoiding her and having sex with every other girl in the world because i didnt answer her.
i realize my example sucks, but you get the point.

invasive? absolutely.

but like i said, he may have some business need for it. maybe he is sending emergency meeting requests to multiple users and wants to know who got the message or not....I dont know. But in my eyes, a feature like that is evil.

Well keep in mind this is a receipt sent to the original sender only because it was delevered. No one is saying it was read. So there is a big difference there. Even in MS Outlook there is only a delivery receipt sent back automatically. Now they can ask for a read receipt and you can send it or not. Again, there is a difference so relax because ur GF wont be pissed at you for that, maybe something else, but not that.