Old 09-24-2008, 08:26 AM
sedwo
N00b

sedwo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

To all,

Batteries from asia vary drastically. A dozen "identical" batteries for a device will perform completely different from each other. The tolerence range can be as high as 20% !

The work that Juicy and others have been doing to try and resolve the battery issue is commendable, considering they don't have a controlled sample.

I would even be suspicious of any differences between the Telus and Sprint version of the HTC Diamond. Both vendors have various packaged feature options to choose from when they order the unit for their mobility carrier. And battery type are one of these options.

What works for Telus then, can very well not by as efficient for Sprint. Unless Juicy has a device from both carriers, this battery issue will most likely be on going.

The other way I look at it is that these phones are not meant to be like my old crappy Kyocera with a simple LCD crystal display the size of a my thumb. They are used differently, and as such drain more power then most anything else. One day of full usage is most likely the design spec. limit. A few days with very little usage and the screen mostly off.

I must accept that and always be ready for charging it at the end of the day.
This post has been thanked 1 times.