View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 07:09 AM
holo
Halfway to VIP Status

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Recording Calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
the earpiece is hardwired to the cdma chip. it doesnt pass through the OS. only analogue voice can come out of the earpiece. you will never hear any sound out of the mogul earpiece except during a cell phone call. no software out there will work. none.

please prove me wrong. i want this feature too.
Incorrect.

Navigate to HKCU\ControlPanel\SoundCategories\Attenuation\0 and set the value of this 0 key to 5.

You will now have application sounds in calls. I have used this for a long time to have garmin output sounds while I am on the phone (I set the value to 4 as values between 0 and 5 provide different levels of muting with 5 being full volume and 0 being fully muted and it is too loud for me at 5). I had never tested it with the earpiece before as when I am on the phone using garmin I am in my car and on my BT headset, but I just tested it and it comes out the earpiece just like it would on my bluetooth headset.

So, it is definitely not hardwired.

FYI these are digital cell phones so there is no such thing as 'analog voice' in that regard either but that is just semantics.

Last edited by holo; 09-24-2008 at 07:13 AM.